Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Lesson from the Hand of Moses

Exodus 17:8-11 (New King James Version)


"8 Now Amalek came and fought with Israel in Rephidim. 9 And Moses said to Joshua, “Choose us some men and go out, fight with Amalek. Tomorrow I will stand on the top of the hill with the rod of God in my hand.” 10 So Joshua did as Moses said to him, and fought with Amalek. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill.11And it came to pass, when Moses held up his hand, that Israel prevailed: and when he let down his hand, Amalek prevailed."

After the Bishop finished reading this passage at the bible study last friday, the Holy spirit started to speak to me. Throughout the week I kept on asking God how possible it is to live in the spirit. It sounded like a whole lot of work to me and I found it impossible to do. I knew it was possible because God had commanded it, but I wondered how? 

After reading this passage, I learned through the Holy spirit that life is a spiritual warfare and in order to continue winning all the battles, you have to constantly be in the position God wants you just as Moses did. When you relax a little, the Devil gets an opportunity. But when you continue daily in prayer and continuously feed on the word through the inspiration of the holy spirit, then God will constantly win your battles. Gods grace is available to us, but we must put ourselves in that position where his grace can be made manifest through us.

God bless you and uphold you even as you begin this week.

Amen.

Please send in your testimonies and short write-ups of your daily experiences with God in your Christian walk to templeofpraisegeneva@gmail.com. Your  spiritual victories can be a blessing to others.

Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment