Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Enter into His Rest


"For we which have believed do enter into rest",....because the works were finished from the foundation of the world. - Hebrews 4:3

There is power that is available to enable any man or woman can overcome their weaknesses. Have you been written off as hopeless? You can become wonderful, efficient, reliable and successful.

This is your starting point: ''If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new'' - 2 Corinthians 5:17.
All those old weaknesses and infirmities that have plagued us for years, can be done way with.

We have to exchange our weaknesses for His strength, and this transaction must happen with an attitude of repentance. We have to accept the gift of God's rest. We have to allow Jesus Christ loose us from those old weaknesses. If He did it for that woman in Luke 13:11-17, He can do it for you today. Just ask Him to take away that weakness and give you His strength.

Yes, you may be conscious of your weakness, but you will be more conscious of the mighty power that is sustaining you. Just like Paul, you can say ''I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me''- Philippians 4:13. There is no place for defeat in your life when Jesus Christ is there because there is no place for weakness in Him. In Christ, you can do everything; you can forgive, you can be humble, you can love, you can heal and be healed and you can bind and cast out demons. You can do all things through Christ! This is the strength behind the man or the woman or boy or girl, who accepts Christ as Savior. This is because Christ is the one who overpowers, overcomes all weaknesses, fear and defeat.

Remember to whom you belong, rest in Him. Carry no burdens and infirmities. Give them all to Jesus Christ. Every day, every moment dedicate your mind to Him. Ask Him to lead you and see how he will make you great.

Confessions:

I am His and by Him created; I am His and by Him redeemed; I am twice His by original right and by purchase; I am His and He will defend me. He will correct me, He will make use of me, He will love me, He will delight in me. I am my beloved's, and no one else possesses either right or power over me, except according to God's will.

He is mine and all that is mine are His. All my sin, all my weaknesses, all my condemnations, all my misery, all my fears, all my shortcomings, I give to Him. They are His. His strength is my strength; His righteousness my righteousness; His wisdom my wisdom; His holiness, His salvation, and His God is my God. His Father is my Father. His brethren are my brethren. And His Heaven is my Home.

For I belong to Him, and He is mine.

Further studies: Jeremiah  17:21-27; Isaiah 53:4; Luke 13:11-17; 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment