Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jesus Christ on the Crucifixion Day


With Him they also crucified two robbers, one on His right and the other on His left.  Mark 15:27
 
Gone are the days when Christians were spotted in funeral clothes crying and parading through streets on Easter Fridays - their reason was that they were mourning Jesus Christ.  Thank God, we know better than that! The truth is that the death of Jesus Christ represnets our victory. The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 2:8 '....the princes of this world did not know: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.'
 
The Bible records that on the crucifixion day, Jesus Christ was crucified between two thieves. Jesus went to the cross because of you and me. A thief received his salvation at the point of death on the cross! The Bible says that 'surely He has borne our grief and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed' (Isaiah 53:4-5). I love that!  It is never too late to touch the life of another person with the message of the cross.
 
Child of God, Jesus on the crucifixion day secured victory for you. He endured the painful and shameful death because He loved you unconditionally. Today, first understand that the price for your redemption and for your victory has already been paid.  All you need to do is to live it. Also understand that God saved you so He can save others through you. He blessed you so He can bless others through you. Make a decision today to touch a life with the message of love - the love that makes the sinner a saint!
 
Confession:
1. My shame is taken away and my pain is healed in His name so I live victoriously.
2. I am a living witness of the love that makes the sinner a saint to the world.
3. I celebrate the Lord Jesus Christ through whom I have been redeemed from the grip of sin and sickness.
 
Prayer:
 
I worship you Lord for Your death on the cross. I celebrate the Lord Jesus Christ today and everyday of my life because He paid the price for my sins and reconciled me back to Himself. I pray that I would touch a life today with the message of the cross in Jesus' name. Amen.
 
Further study: Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 27:38; 1 Corinthians 2:8 

No comments:

Post a Comment