Monday, April 25, 2011

JESUS CHRIST NEEDS YOU


Go to the village ahead of you, and as you enter it, you will find a colt tied there, which no-one has ever ridden. Untie it and bring it here. If anyone asks you, 'Why are you untying it?' tell him, 'The Lord needs it.' Luke 19:30-31.
Imagine a very important and powerful person in the society telling you that he needs your favor. Immediately all you can think of is how improtant you must be and how well you can impress him. The great news today is that the all-sufficient God, the creator of the heaven and the earth, has need of you. Awesome! God Himself has need of you and this makes you the most improtant person on the earth.
The opening scripture talks about preparation for Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem before He was crucified. He asked His disciples to go to a village, untie and bring to Him a colt which no-one has ever ridden; if they were questioned, they should respond that 'The Lord needs it.'  Take note of these facts about the colt; it was young, it had never been ridden by anyone, it was tied and it was located at the outskirt of the town. Clearly this animal was rejected and no-one had thought of using it. Nevertheless, the Lord located this isolated animal in the realms of the spirit and needed it for an all important occassion. The animal's location or state could not prevent the Lord from using it.
Child of God, the Master needs you just as you are. He is not waiting for you to become perfect or considering your background before He can use you. All He needs is your availability. God picks the foolish things of the world to stun the wise and he chooses the rejected stones to become the chief cornerstone. Allow God to take your shortcoming, weakness, insufficiency and ignorance and make His strength perfect in you so He can set you apart, put His seal over you and empower you to transform nations! 
Confession
1. The Lord has need of me so I avail my heart, soul, mind, and strength unto Him.
2. I am perfected and made complete in the Lord and my weakness is turned into strength.
3. I have the seal of the Lord over my life, hence I have become a world changer.
Prayer
I thank you Lord for this message; it is a glorious realization that you have need of me. I bless you that you are determined to use my frailty and shortcomings to bless someone. I avail myself for your use; lead me and I will follow in Jesus' name. Amen.
Further study: Jeremiah 18:2-3; Luke 19:28-44; 1 Corinthians 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment