Tuesday, October 29, 2013

NEVER SAY "I CANNOT"

25th November 2012
Beloved,
FOCUS: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me(Philippians 4:13).
News: One of my young friends asked for permission to share one of these write ups with his friend. Note that no one needs my permission to share any of them with anybody. If it blessed you, please spread it around. You do not even need to have my name on it.
I want to start from the outset to say that if you are born again, there is nothing that is beyond you. Jesus himself said: If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth (Mark 9:23). If you and I do all we should do, nothing can be impossible to us. You can pass that examination even if no one has ever passed it; you can get that job no matter what people think are your advantages. You can have children despite the things you have been told. Yes, you can get healed no matter what the doctor’s report say. Did I say you can get healed? No. By God’s record, you are already healed. Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed(1 Peter 2:24).You can get your liberty. Yes, you can. You can do all things through Christ who is at work in you. Whatever thing you desire, the Bible said you can have it (Mark 11:24). Hallelujah!
Let’s review this important scripture. But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become God's children, to those who believe in his name (John 1:12 WEB). The word “right” in this scripture also means authority, liberty and power to do anything. Thus when we received Jesus Christ into our lives, he gave us power to do anything. Hallelujah! Now see this meaning: that power denies the presence of a hindrance. Yes, the Christian has a surpassing power that does not recognize any hindrance that the enemy may try to put on our way. Friend, whatever that is born of God has the capacity to deprive the enemy of power to harm him (1 John 5:4). I think the main question is whether we accept that we have that power, and are willing to use apply it. Unless we acknowledge what God has given us and apply it, we shall continue to live as mere men (Psalms 82:5-9).”I cannot” should never be your language.
It is important we understand that it is the ability of God in us, through the indwelling Holy Spirit that makes us able. I just want to remind someone out there that we are talking of the same Holy Spirit that was at the beginning (Genesis 1:1-2); the one that raised Christ from the dead that is in you and I (Romans 8:11). The same Holy Spirit enabled Jesus to go about doing good and healing all that were oppressed by the devil (Acts 10:38). Until Jesus received the Holy Spirit, he was very ordinary. But when he received the Holy Spirit, Jesus changed the landscape of history and called many sons (you and I) into that brotherhood of glory. Look at what he told them:if he called them Gods, unto who the word came, and the scriptures cannot be broken (John10:35). Friend, God recognizes that your case is settled. You are fully loaded with divinity and carry the very power that raised Christ from the dead. The same way all things are possible to God, that is how all things are possible to you through Jesus. Now this is scripture we are talking about, not religion. You can do all things through Christ!
God played a scenario to me earlier this week. I switched on a generator in my house in Nigeria some time ago. Although that machine was on, I did not engage the main switch so that there was no light in our house. Note that the machine was on and generating electricity but there was disconnect and so it could not supply light. God showed me a scripture to explain this. For it is God who works in you both to will and to work, for his good pleasure (Philippians 2:13). God is at work in me now. He is at work now, just like that generator I switched on. But the power at work in me needs to be engaged.
Jesus told us one of the ways to engage the power that is already at work in us: For most assuredly I tell you, whoever may tell this mountain, ‘Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ and doesn't doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says is happening; he shall have whatever he says (Mark 11:23 WEB). Did you see that; it says you shall have whatever you say? Therefore why should you ever say “I CANNOT”?
You must wake up to this truth: Someone is in control on this side of eternity, and that’s you!
You can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth you (Philippians 4:13). Spend some time and repeat this to yourself.
Shalom

Brother  Dr.Godwin Enwere
Elder at Temple of Praise Geneva

No comments:

Post a Comment